I use ACT broadband internet at my home. I am quite happy with their connection speed, stability and service. The only issue is I had to login manually via their portal page everyday. That is not a big deal till I am using a computer. But when instead of my computer at first; I try to access internet from my phone then I need to login to the portal from there and that’s the time I feel that pain. Entering that numeric userid and alpha-numeric password from a phone is not that cool.
To get rid of this process I tried few options in my router settings… and bingo! There is an option, super easy one to avoid this manual login process everyday.
Earlier I set Dynamic IP settings in router for my connection. It just required to be updated by PPPoE connection. The options, sequence may vary a little bit for different routers but the basic logic and step should be same. These are the steps I did to setup auto login to my ACT broadband portal using my TP-Link router.
1. Log out from portal at first.
2. Open home page of the router settings. Check the connection type. Default setting is Dynamic IP. Make sure that default setting is working.
3. Go to network and update "WAN Connection Type" to PPPoE and detect the connection.
4. Enter login details in "PPPoE Connection" details.
5. Keep "Connection Mode" to "Connect Automatically".
6. Connect and Save.
7. Reboot router from System tools.
8. Go to broadband login page e.g. ACT Portal's home page and it should show that login has been done automatically.
That’s all to say sayonara to ACT’s login Portal.